We are based in
purpose-built premises, overlooking the beautiful Aire Valley in
Skipton, North Yorkshire, close to the towns of Leeds and Bradford. Studio design is by
Recording Architecture. The main
sound studio features include ATC 5.1 monitoring (surround) and a spacious voice booth. There is
a second control room for preparation work (ATC main monitors, PMC surround
monitors), central apparatus room
(CAR), and client area. Control rooms are silent as noisy equipment
is kept in the CAR. A full facilities list is given below.
Wherever possible work is done entirely in
the digital domain, although analogue processing is available when
appropriate. Precision analogue to digital and digital to analogue
converters are used and machines are locked to a high stability
master reference clock. True digital wiring is used throughout and
digital distribution amplifiers ensure signal integrity.
isolated Voice Recording room looks into the main control room.
Much of our equipment is flight cased and
can be moved to client premises if the need arises.
SC & Spectra
- 90 hours storage
- Exabyte drives
- 1.3GB optical drive
- High Sample Rate
(up to 192kHz)
- 120 tracks
- 48 channels AES
- Surround mixing
- DDP mastering
- Non linear video
- Post production
- 40 hours storage
- Exabyte drive
- 1.3GB optical drive
- Fostex D30, D25 & D20B timecode DATs
- Sony DTC1000/ProDAT 2
- Sony PCM F1 / 701 processors and tape machines
- Sony 1610 CD processor and NTSC UMatic
- Studer A810 & Otari MX55 1/4" with timecode
- Dolby Noise Reduction
- Lynx Timeline machine synchronisers
- Sound Devices
744T 4 track hard disk recorder with timecode
- Yamaha O2R96 digital desk with full automation
- Yamaha O2R digital desk with full automation
- DDA 16:4:2 with PPM metering
- Soundcraft Folio12:2
- TC Electronics M5000 digital effects and mastering
unit with MD2 mastering software
- Lexicon 300 digital effects and mastering unit
- Orban dual noise reduction and enhancement
- Leek custom valve EQ.
- ATC SCM50 active loudspeakers
- PMC DB1 active
- Spendor BC1 loudspeakers
- Studer A727 professional CD player
- Technics Professional CD player
- Meridian CDR recorder with Audio & Design
SmartBox and a custom ID unit
- Microphones, including,
Soundfield, AKG C451, Schoeps CMC5, Sony
ECM55, MBC 640, etc.
Sound Effects &
- As an MCPS registered company, we carry a huge range
of library music.
- We also have thousands of sound effects, on CD, tape,
and disk, including major UK and USA libraries.
View from our control room
Ducks on the river
And finally . . .
. . . the view from our
Top of Page |
If you have arrived at
this page and it isn't in a frame, click here to
re-enter the site via our index page.
+44 (0)1756 797100
Page last updated
Friday 26th February 2010 21:00.